Wednesday 18 February 2009

Old Dressing Tables and Little Princesses...

I'm sure most people enjoy having a project on the go at all times.
Or two projects.. Or three. Four? More?

Currently I'm working on this dressing table:


Now I absolutely love the art deco look of this furniture. Personally I would love to see it painted black with red drawer faces. However...

This belongs to a friend of mine. And the dresser is going into his daughter's new bedroom. And she's very much into her princess pinks. So the black and red is clearly out the window.

The walls in the princess bedroom are a deep pink (well, they will be), so my initial thoughts of sanding and painting this dresser pink were dashed by the thought of clashing pinks and too much pinkness in general. I've decided to go for a pure white, perhaps with baby pink drawer faces and a netting or gingham fabric lining the bottom to hide the black legs and also to create some hidden storage space.

So far I've sanded the dresser and put on an undercoat to seal the wood:



Once I get over this flu its time to start with the paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment